Kachori is one of the most popular street foods in North India. Khasta Kachori is one such snack recipe made with all purpose flour, loaded with various spices and chutneys. Extremely delicious and savourful, this chaat recipe is a must try. It is a delectable treat for someone who loves deep-fried food. This yummy kachori recipe can be enjoyed as an appetizer and a side dish as well. These deep-fried kachoris are stuffed with moong dal filling and can be prepared on several occasions. Pair this delicious snack recipe with a piping hot cup of tea.
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup moong dal
1 pinch powdered asafoetida
1/4 teaspoon minced green chilli
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
2 teaspoon dry mango powder
1 cup refined oil
3 tablespoon beaten yoghurt (curd)
2 tablespoon melted ghee
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon minced ginger
1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
2 pinches salt
2 tablespoon sev
2 tablespoon boondi
- Mix maida, gram flour and ghee in a bowl. Add 1/4 tsp salt and little water. Knead well these ingredients to a firm dough. Make small balls of the dough and keep aside.
- Heat 1 to 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan over moderate flame. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida powder. Fry for 30 seconds. Add the moong dal and fry for a minute.
- Now add the green chilli paste, ginger paste, garam masala powder, gram flour, red chilli powder, mango powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Roll the dough into small/medium circle and add 1 or 2 tsp of the filling in the center. Fold well and roll again ensuring the filling does not come out.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame. Fry the prepared kachoris until golden brown on both sides and puffed up. Remove and drain excess oil. To serve, crack a hole in the centre of the kachori. Add 2 to 3 tbsp of beaten curd.
- Add green chutney, sweet tamarind chutney, red chilli powder, onions, cumin powder, coriander leaves and salt on top. Garnish with boondi or sev and serve.