- 75 gm butter
- 175 gm plain biscuits
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
For the filling:
- 6 egg yolks
- 400 gm condensed milk
- 175 ml lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 225 gm castor sugar
Steps to Make Key Lemon Pie
- Melt butter and add crushed biscuits along with the vanilla essence.
- Press the mixture into a lightly oiled flan ring/pie dish.
- Combine all the filling ingredients and pour into the biscuit case.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare the meringue by whipping up the egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar.
- Add the vanilla essence and salt to the meringue and pipe on top of the filling.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Source : NDTV