Potatoes are like this…extremely popular and have multipurpose usage. And did you always think that eating a potato will make you fat? Well, don’t – it is a surprising source of vitamin C and provides useful amounts of starch, thiamine and niacin and around a hundred grams will provide about eighty calories. So here is the recipe:
- Potatoes boiled and peeled 3 large
- Chicken stock 1 cup
- Onion finely chopped 1 cup
- Oil ¼ cup
- Vinegar 2 tablespoons
- Dijon mustard 1 tablespoon
- Sugar 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- Fresh parsley chopped 2 tablespoons
- Heat chicken stock in a non-stick pan.
- Halve the potatoes and cut into thick slices and put into a bowl.
- Add hot stock and onions. Set aside.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and crushed peppercorns in another bowl till smooth. Add this to the potatoes along with parsley and mix well. Set aside for one hour.