|150-200 gms White Button Mushroom|
|1/2 cup Capsicum, sliced (approx. 1/2 cup)|
|1 teaspoon Dry Coriander Seeds|
|1 Dry Red Kashmiri Chili, seeds removed and broken into 2-3 pieces|
|1 Green Cardamom|
|1/2 inch piece of Cinnamon|
|1 large Onion, chopped|
|2 medium Tomatoes, chopped (approx. 3/4 cup)|
|1 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Chili Powder|
|A pinch of Turmeric Powder, optional|
|1/2 teaspoon Kasuri Methi, optional|
|1/4 cup Milk, optional|
|1/2 cup Water|
|Salt to taste|
|1½ tablespoon Oil|
|1 tablespoon Butter (or oil)|
- Clean mushroom, slice and keep aside.
- Heat the oil, add cumin. Allow it to crackle, then add red chillies and fry for a minute.
- Add onions, ginger garlic paste and saute till onions turn slightly brown.
- Next add the capsicum, saute well – but retain its crunchiness.
- Then add the tomato puree and fry for 3 – 4 mins till the raw smell disappears.
- Then add the chilli, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt – mix well and fry for few mins.
- Add a little water if it's very thick.
- Add the mushroom and mix gently until well combined.
- Simmer for 3 mins and keep the dish covered so that the mushroom gets cooked, becomes soft and is blended with the gravy.
- Once the mushroom gets soft, simmer for 2 mins, then add kasoori methi, coriander leaves.