Potatoes are like this…extremely popular and have multipurpose usage. And did you always think that eating a potato will make you fat? Well, don’t – it is a surprising source of vitamin C and provides useful amounts of starch, thiamine and niacin and around a hundred grams will provide about eighty calories. So here is the recipe of Jeera Aloo:
- Potatoes 1 inch pieces, boiled 4 large
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Oil 4 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds crushed 1 tablespoon
- Roasted cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Dry mango powder (amchur) 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves 2 tablespoons
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and sauté till it changes colour. Add salt and stir.
- Add red chilli powder, crushed coriander seeds, roasted cumin powder and dry mango powder.
- Add potato cubes and stir carefully till the masala covers all the potato cubes well.
- Add coriander leaves and stir. Serve hot.