History of Indian cuisine dates back to nearly 5,000-years ago when various groups and cultures interacted with India that led to a diversity of flavours and regional cuisines. Indian cuisine comprises of a number of regional cuisines. The diversity in soil type, climate, culture, ethnic group and occupations, these cuisines differ from each other mainly due to the use of locally available spices, herbs, vegetables and fruits. Indian food is also influenced by religious and cultural choices and traditions. Foreign invasions, trade relations and colonialism had introduced certain foods to the country like potato, chillies and breadfruit. So here is the recipe:
- Jamuns seeded and lightly mashed 15-20
- Yogurt 2 cups
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- Powdered sugar 2-3 tablespoons
- Ice cubes as required
- Honey For topping
- Almonds chopped to sprinkle
- Pistachios chopped to sprinkle
- Put jamuns in individual serving wine glasses upto¼ full.
- Blend together yogurt, vanilla essence, lemon juice and powdered sugar to a smooth mixture. Add some ice cubes and blend again.
- Pour the yogurt mixture on top of jamuns. Drizzle some honey and sprinkle some chopped almonds and pistachios on top.
- Serve immediately.