Want to try some crispy bites of Jalapeno Poppers at home? This easy-to-make and quick recipe is prepared by stuffing jalapenos with mozzarella and cheddar cheese, and vegetables like American corns, red peppers, capsicum, and onion. Serve this delicious snack recipe to your loved ones at kitty parties or as a late evening snack, they will be asking more of it! Try this delicious dish!
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
water as required
1 tablespoon cream cheese
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
salt as required
1/2 cup oats
5 tablespoon cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon onion
1/2 tablespoon American corn kernels
2 tablespoon mozzarella
1 tablespoon red peppers
1 tablespoon capsicum (green pepper)
- Firstly, prepare the filling by mixing both cheddar and mozzarella cheese together. Now, boil corn kernels and chop onion and red pepper while the corn kernels get boiled. Add black pepper powder and red chilli flakes into it and mix it well.
- Keeping the mixture aside, start cutting the jalapenos. Now, there are two ways you can cut the jalepenos. First way of cutting is, cut the top part, now smoothly de-seed it by removing the middle part. Another way of cutting is cut the top part and then split the jalapeno from the middle to de-seed it with a spoon.
- Now, fill the hollow jalapenos with the mixture that was set aside (after filling it in, join all the parts back and make sure they stick together-or you could just fill the parts separately).
- Next, for coating the stuffed jalapenos, mix all purpose flour, red chilli flakes and salt together. Keep adding water while mixing the batter for a thick consistency.
- On the other hand, make one more mixture by mixing oats and bread crumbs together. Now, dip the jalapenos in the thick batter, and then coat them in this mixture which contains bread crumbs and oats. Repeat this step one more time.
- Deep fry these jalapenos, once crispy texture and golden brown colour can be seen, the dish is ready to be served!