This is a ridiculously good pasta salad that anyone can make. It’s simple and easy with only 3 steps and it’s a one-pot type of recipe! It’s a cold hearty pasta that’s full of healthy vegetables with fresh bell peppers, sliced black olives, and grape tomatoes. Also, I LOVE the Italian dressing that’s so simple yet so tasty — it’s got olive oil and balsamic vinegar (yum!) plus some fresh herbs.
- 1 pound tricolor rotini
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 pound genoa salami, diced
- 1/4 pound pepperoni sausage, diced
- 6 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 pound asiago cheese, diced
For the dressing:
- 0.7 ounce package dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (parsley and/or oregano)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Optional, for serving:
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- Using a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta in s colander and rinse with cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine and mix all ingredients except for the dressing ingredients.