Dessert is mostly referred to a final sweet course that concludes a meal, but those with a serious sweet tooth will agree that anytime is dessert time. The array of ingredients that you can use to prepare these decadent delights gives you plenty of room for innovation and variety. So here is the recipe of Kesari Shrikhand, an Indian Dessert:
- Saffron (kesar) large pinch
- Yogurt 1 kilogram
- Sugar substitute sucralose 1/3 cup
- Warm milk 2 tablespoons
- Nutmeg powder a pinch
- Green cardamom powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Almonds blanched, peeled and sliced 5-6
- Pistachios blanched, peeled and sliced 8-10
- Tie the yogurt in a piece of muslin and hang it overnight over a bowl, in a refrigerator, to drain.
- Transfer the drained yogurt into a bowl. Add the sugar substitute and mix well.
- Soak the saffron in warm milk, cool and add to the yogurt mixture. Mix well.
- Add the nutmeg powder and cardamom powder; mix well and chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled, decorated with the almonds and pistachios.