Indian cuisine comprises of a number of regional cuisines. The diversity in soil type, climate, culture, ethnic group and occupations, these cuisines differ from each other mainly due to the use of locally available spices, herbs, vegetables and fruits. Indian food is also influenced by religious and cultural choices and traditions.So here is the recipe:
- Gram flour (besan) 4 cups
- Pure ghee 2 cups + for garnishing
- Green cardamom powder ½ teaspoon
- Almonds thinly slivered 10-12
- Pistachios thinly slivered 10-12
- Powdered sugar 2 cups
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan, add the gram flour and sauté it on low heat, stirring continuously, for ten to fifteen minutes or till it starts changing colour and gives out a nice aroma.
- Add the cardamom powder, almonds and pistachio slivers and mix. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Grease a tray with ghee. Pour the gram flour mixture and spread it evenly on the tray.
- Let it cool and then cut into square or diamond shaped pieces and serve.
- Store in an airtight container.