Nag Panchami Festival is on the 28th July 2017-fifth day of the brilliant fortnight of the lunar day in the long stretch of Sravana amid the rainstorm season.
This year Nag Panchami falls on 27th July 2017. Strangely it is likewise named as Garuda Panchami– as Garuda or the illustrious bird is the common adversary of the Snakes and serpents, worshiping Garuda on this day additionally gives a defensive shield against all snake related malefic conditions in ones natal graph.
Fundamentally the festival of Nag Panchami is the triumph of Lord Krishna over the legendary Kaliya, a massive dark serpent that was slaughtered by Krishna in the Yamuna stream.
Kalia had threatened the villagers and Krishna was alloted to tame him. It is trusted that the tussle that occurred amongst Krishna and Kalia-the serpent is famous to the point that when Krishna rose champ, he remained on the hood of the snake and the Snake obtained the feet impressions of the Lord as a characteristic of servility. The story is called as the “Kaliya Mardan” It is additionally trusted that seeing the impressions of Lord Krishna-the Avataar of Lord Vishnu, Garuda(the falcon) who is the characteristic foe of the serpent, does not hurt it. There is a fascinating story of why the Eagle and the Snakes are mortal characteristic foes.
Snakes and serpents have extraordinary place and position in our old Hindu folklore. Essentially amid this time, when it downpours and every one of the pits and gaps are loaded with water, snakes and different rodents leave their stowing away. There are several instances of snake nibbles and individuals and ranchers particularly and each one of those living close fields and grounds of passing on of snake chomp. Thus our people of old built up this custom of worshiping the snakes that are most observed meandering out of their homes amid this time, to pacify them and demand them not to nibble individuals.
Naga Panchami Importance:
- Individuals go to sanctuaries and snake pits in sanctuaries to adore the Nagas.
- Individuals quick on the Panchami day and take sustenance just at night.
- By imploring the Nag Devatas one is liberated from the dread of snakes and serpents and it is likewise accepted to shield us from all wrongs.
- The individual who performs love of the serpents on Nag Panchami day ought not burrow the ground for cultivating or for whatever other reason.
- It unquestionably rains on this day as it is trusted that the divine beings shower their endowments as rain on the hood of the snake.
- Ant colonies and snake pits are adored by offering milk, a squeeze of turmeric and kumkum.
- Try not to hurt any rodents or snakes and so forth as they are obvious to us amid this time as their homes are overflowed with water.
- Play out the Nag archana or Puja in your neighborhood sanctuaries to get alleviation from Nag Dosha.
- No Hindu home may sear anything upon the arrival of Nag Panchami. Just bubbled and steamed nourishment is wanted to be eaten.