The decision has been taken by the government to shift the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) – Amethi to the Allahabad campus.
Key notes of the decision:
- IIIT Amethi campus will be shifted to the Ambedkar University, Lucknow
- Nearly 148 students will be shifted to the Allahabad campus
- Earlier, in May, a decision to this effect by the then Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani announcing the shutdown of Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Amethi
- The reports revealed that this is the third major project to be shut down since the Modi government came to power at the Centre
- The agitation has been started by around 75 employees of the IIIT which stated that no proper arrangements have been made for them.
Reports said, “In place of IIIT Amethi, a new satellite institute of Babaseheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU), Lucknow, will be established”.