Human Resource Ministry has taken initiative to include Microsoft as their technical partner for its biggest platform of online courses.
For this regulation, “SWAYAM” app has been finalized by the ministry for successful launch of the app.
The new courses are being introduced in the education system of India, top corporate giants are taking part to design apps.
Key pointers of the app:
- The study programme is called SWAYAM (Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Mind)
- Around 2,000 Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) to be launched by the ministry
- Over three crore candidates will be benefited under this platform
Methodology of the UGC Regulation 2016:
- Online courses will be made available on SWAYAM platform by a partner institution the National MOOCs coordinator
- Also, a list of online courses, that is being offered in each semester, will be given to the registrars
- Moreover, parent institutions will be given free physical facilities like laboratories, computer facilities, library etc
- After three years of launching the app, AICTE will take over the entire app from Microsoft
A contract of 38 crore has been signed between Microsoft and All India Council of Technical Education, officials said.
"A student studying in Jharkhand can take a course in IIT, Bombay and the credit earned can be transferred to this mark sheet. We are hopeful this will bring a new change in the education system," senior official from the HRD ministry said.