Indian cuisine comprises of a number of regional cuisines. The diversity in soil type, climate, culture, ethnic group and occupations, these cuisines differ from each other mainly due to the use of locally available spices, herbs, vegetables and fruits. Indian food is also influenced by religious and cultural choices and traditions. Foreign invasions, trade relations and colonialism had introduced certain foods to the country like potato, chillies and breadfruit. So here is the recipe of delicious tandori starter Tricolor Paneer Tikka:
- Cottage Cheese cut into cubes 200 grams
- Fresh Cream 2 tablespoon
- Green chutney 2 tablespoon
- Mango pickle 2 tablespoon
- Cashewnut paste 4 tablespoon
- Fresh cream 4 tablespoon
- Grated cheese 4 tablespoon
- White pepper powder to taste
- Green cardamom powder 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala to taste
- Divide the paneer pieces equally into three different bowls. Add mustard paste to one, green chutney to the second and mango pickle to the third bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, make a marinade of cashewnut paste, fresh cream, cheese, white pepper powder, green cardamom powder and salt. Mix well. Divide the marinade into three portions and add one portion to each of the three different bowls.
- Set aside for thirty minutes. Arrange the marinated paneer pieces on skewers in a pattern of green, white and orange. Set aside for ten minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grill the skewers till golden brown. Serve hot sprinkled with chaat masala.