It is a surprising source of vitamin C and provides useful amounts of starch, thiamine and niacin and around a hundred grams will provide about eighty calories. So here is the recipe:
- Baby potatoes peeled 600 grams
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black peppercorns 2 teaspoon
- Tomato ketchup 1 tablespoon
- Fresh mint leaves 1/4 cup
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep fry the potatoes till golden.
- Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non stick kadai and add mustard seeds.
- When they splutter add cumin seeds and sauté till they change colour.
- Drain the potatoes and add to this kadai.
- Add salt, peppercorns, tomato ketchup and mix well. Add mint leaves and mix.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Serve hot.