The universe is everything we can see, and a lot that we can’t see. It was created in the Big Bang explosion and has been changing and expanding ever since. The universe is about 13.7 billion years old. At its beginning it looked nothing like it does today. Yet, everything in today’s universe did exist in some form back then.
It all started with the Big Bang, a kind of explosion that would not only go on to produce all the matter in the universe but also marked the start of time.
Creation of Universe
- Start time with a Big Bang- a massive explosion that lasts for less than one trillionth of a second that will tiny particles of radiation smaller than the size of a full stop.
- Wait 380,000 years for the first atoms to form a mix that is 76 percent hydrogen and 24 percent helium.
- After 1 billion years check that the first stars have formed and there are dwarf galaxies throughout the universe.
- When the universe is 3 billion years old, merge small galaxies to form massive ones.
- When 9 million years old, form our solar system in the Milky Way galaxy.