- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs (Kikkoman brand preferred for even baking)
- 2 large eggs, whisked
for the sauce:
- 6 tbsp honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 6 tbsp water + 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Set whisked eggs aside in a small bowl. Set panko crumbs aside in a separate bowl. Dip cauliflower pieces in egg and then roll in panko until fully coated and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all cauliflower is coated. About halfway through, your breadcrumbs may start to clump together from the egg coating touching it, making it harder to stick to the cauliflower. To help get these clumps to stay on the cauliflower, gently press them with on when coating the cauliflower.
2. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until coating is a dark golden brown and crunchy.
3. While the cauliflower is cooking, make sauce on the stove. Add all sauce ingredients except the cornstarch + water. Bring to a simmer and stir until completely mixed. In a small bowl, completely dissolve cornstarch in water, then add to the mixture. Stir until sauce reaches a low boil again and cook until sauce thickens (about 2 minutes). Toss cauliflower in sauce and coat. Serve warm. Garnish with fresh chopped scallions if desired.