Acne can occur in various forms which include blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples.
In case the presence of acne marks on the back or face have been bothering you for some time, you can probably go for some home remedies for acne marks as they are considered safe and effective.
Apart from the various predominant causes which are known to be responsible for acne, there could also be side effects resulting from the usage of chemical based cosmetic products.
Therefore, natural remedies are highly preferred for dealing with acne marks, since they are free of associated side effects, simple to implement and most often, inexpensive too.
Acne scars can be effectively treated with the help of some extremely effective natural remedies. Some of them are:
- One of the simplest solutions would be to make a paste from sandalwood powder and rosewater. Apply this to the scars and affected areas and leave it on overnight. Wash it off in the morning for visible lightening of scars.
However, for improved results, make sure to use sandalwood powder which is absolutely pure.
- Lavender oil can be an excellent home remedy for acne scars. Apply it twice a day over the scars and see the results in a few days.
- Honey is also excellent for acne marks. Just apply it on the marks and all over your face for prompt results. Honey not only deals with scars but also adds shine to the skin. It is also known to be a natural moisturizer for the skin during the excessively dry winter months.
- Make a pack with sour cream, yoghurt, some ground oatmeal and a few drops of lemon juice. This pack is to be applied on the scar and marks and kept on for about ten minutes. Once the pack has dried up on skin, wash it off.
- Extract some fresh cucumber juice in a cup and apply it on the acne marks about twice a day, for curing acne marks and blemishes.
- Apply a few drops of undiluted lime juice to your scars on a daily basis. Lime juice is considered to be a natural bleaching agent for the skin and helps in lightening scar marks considerably.