NEW DELHI: Naukri Job Speak Index for the month of July 2016 stood at 1882 recording a 3% increase in hiring activity over July 2015. ITES recorded an impressive 46% Y-O-Y growth, Healthcare is up by 23% followed by Auto/ Auto Ancillary at 17% whereas IT-Software and Telecom reported 21% and 32% decline respectively in the July'16 index. Demand for professionals in ITES has grown remarkably, whereas, IT-Software and IT-Hardware showed downward movement of 14% and 15% respectively.
Among the metros, Chennai is the only city which witnessed an upward movement of 7% in July'16 index. Whereas, cities like Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore and Hyderabad recorded decline respectively in the Y-O-Y chart of Naukri Job Speak Index for the month of July 2016.
V Suresh, chief sales officer, Naukri.com said, "Post an impressive 22% Y-O-Y growth in June'16, though the index for July shows muted growth of just 3%, good news is the slow and steady growth in the NON-IT sectors viz., Auto, Hospitality, Education and Healthcare to name a few. Looks like this trend will continue and we can expect the index to move north in the coming months."
Industry wise Analysis:
While ITES/BPO has shown promise among the core sectors, others are as following:
1. Auto/Auto Ancillary has grown by 17% during the period
2. Insurance sector grew by 8% in the same period
3. Hospitality and Healthcare sectors also recorded growth of 32% and 23% respectively in July'16 index
4. Whereas, Telecom, IT-Software and real estate sectors witnessed a Y-O-Y decline of 32%, 21% and 18% respectively in July'16 index
City Wise Analysis:
Except Chennai, all other metro cities registered a decline in hiring ..
1. As mentioned above, Chennai has taken the lead in hiring activity in the July'16 index
2. Whereas, Delhi reported a decline of 4% in the July'16 index
3. Mumbai witnessed a downward movement of 11% in Jul'16 over Jul'15
4. In the same period, Pune, Bangalore and Hyderabad recorded a fall of 14%, 18% and 18% respectively
Functional Area Analysis:
1. The demand for professionals in ITES saw a Y-O-Y growth of 126% in Jul'16 as compared to july'15 index
2. The demand for professionals in Marketing/Advertising/PR grew by 7% Y-O-Y in July 2016
3. In contrast, the demand for professionals working in IT-Software, IT- Hardware and Accounts/Finance saw a Y-o-Y decline of 14%, 15% and 7% respectively in the July'2016 index .
For more latest hindi news click here