1. Kleicha :
Cups plain flour
1⁄2cup caster sugar
250g unsalted butter
3 teaspoons rose water
250g pitted dates
- Pre-Heat oven to 170C degrees.
- Sift flour and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Rub 250gm butter into flour/sugar until nicely ditributed.
- Add rose water, and water and knead to a dough.
- Rest it for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the dates and heat with the 2TBS butter till nice and soft.
- Roll the dough into little balls in your hand and fill with a small amount of date filling and then close it up.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, and let them cool on the tray.
2. Cardamom cookies
- In large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cardamon.
- In another bowl, beat egg until frothy.
- Beat sugar and butter into egg. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until batter is smooth.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased and floured cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350° oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until brown.
1⁄4teaspoon baking soda
1teaspoon ground cinnamon
1teaspoon ground cardamom
1⁄2cup butter , melted
3. Chocolate tahini cookies
- 1cup all purpose flour
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1cup rolled oats
- 3/4cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4cup black sesame seeds
- 1/2cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2tablespoons tahini
- 2tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 3/4cup brown sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream the tahini, butter and brown sugar in a stand mixer.
- Add the vanilla, pomegranate molasses and egg and beat to combine thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder and soda. Add slowly to the butter mixture and combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until evenly distributed.
- Scoop 2 Tbs per cookie onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Put the whole sheet into the freezer until the cookies are solid, at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°. The cookies do not spread very much, so about 9 to a sheet will work.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the edges begin to show color.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from sheet