If there is one vegetable that is truly a nutritional hero then it is bound to be the carrot. A goldmine of nutrients, this is the reason they can be even termed as worth the other karat. Ranging in colours from orange, black, pink to red, yellow and white, this delicious vegetable is within the reach of rich and poor alike and is rightly called the universal root. The best role that this winter vegetable can play chomp on one as it is an excellent snack. So here is the recipe of healthy Carrot and Tomato Juice:
- Carrot big pieces 1 medium
- Tomatoes big pieces 2 medium
- Red pumpkin (bhopla/kaddu) peeled and cut into big pieces 100 grams
- Bottle gourd (lauki/doodhi) peeled and cut into big pieces 100 grams
- Beetroot peeled and cut into big pieces 1 medium
- Indian gooseberry (amla) big pieces 1 medium
- Ginger sliced 1 inch piece
- Fresh mint leaves torn 10 leaves
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Pass all the vegetables along with amla, ginger and mint leaves through a juicer.
- Collect the juice in a bowl. Add ice, salt, lemon juice and mix.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.