Giloy is a recognized as ‘Amrita’ in Sanskrit which means ‘the root of immortality’. It is a perfect Ayurvedic herb that treats several diseases. It contains lot of medicinal properties that works well on body. One can make use of giloy in any form like juice, powder or capsules.
As per one of Nutritionist Anshul Jaibharat, “The stem of Giloy is of maximum utility, but the root can also be used. Its benefits and uses have even been approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration).” Check some of its benefits here:
- Enhances Immunity: Giloy involves great amount of antioxidants that combats with free radicals to make cells fit.
- Helpful in reducing Chronic Fever: It contains antipyretic properties that help to eliminate diseases including dengue, swine flu and chikungunya. The blood platelets count gets increased by taking giloy juice. The risk of dengue fever also gets reduced.
- Makes Digestion better:Giloy is beneficial to get rid of bowel related issue like Piles, constipation or indigestion. It is helpful in improving the digestion.
- Get rid of Diabetes: Giloy plays significant role of a hypoglycaemic agent. It lowers blood pressure and treats type 2 diabetes.
- Combats Respiratory Problems: It is very beneficial in treating respiratory issues including asthma, cough, cold and tonsils as it has anti-inflammatory properties.