Jaggery (or gur) is made up of unrefined sugar, it is obtained from the boiling of raw concentrated sugar cane juice.. jaggery which is beneficial for health is the one made from sugar cane. This jaggery is largely consumed.
Jaggery aka gur is far better than the cubic white sugar, white sugar just adds empty calories to your body.
Jaggery has a lot of health benefits, including its ability to cleanse the body, aid in digestion and provide good amounts of minerals to the body.
Here we are listing some health benefits you can gain by eating jaggery:
- Jaggery when consumed directly, it activates the digestive enzymes in the body, which stimulates bowel movements and thus helps in preventing and relieving from Constipation.
2. Jaggery works as a natural detox as it helps in cleaning the Liver by flushing out the nasty harmful toxins from the body system. So if you want a healthy and easy detoxing way than it is recommended to switch to Jaggery.
3. Jaggery helps in fighting with the early symptoms of cough and flu. What all you have to do is, mix little amount of Jaggery with warm water and drink up, or simply you can add gur to your daily tea instead of adding sugar.
4. Jaggery is a natural and effective blood purifier. Jaggery, when consumed on a regular basis and in limited quantities, it helps in cleaning the blood as it removes all kind of impurities from your blood, leaving your body healthy and pure.
5. Jaggery, when consumed during menstruation, helps in lower down the pain of cramps caused during periods. It is all because of its richness in many essential nutrients. It also helps during the time of mood swings.
6. Jaggery helps in maintaining normal body temperature which hence it helps in keeping you’re your tummy cool.
7. Gur contains potassium and sodium, which play a key role in the maintenance of acid levels in the body. Hence it maintain the blood pressure level too.
8. Jaggery effectively helps in weight loss, because jaggery is a rich source of potassium, which is a mineral that helps in the balancing of electrolytes as well as building new muscle tissues and gives a boost t metabolism.. Potassium also helps in reducing the water retention, which helps in managing your weight so if anyone is looking for a healthy way to loose weight, they must eat jaggery daily in limited amount.
9. While white cubic sugar is a simple carbohydrate that gets absorbed in the bloodstream instantly and gives instant energy, jaggery is a complex crabs, which provides energy to the body gradually and for a longer span of time as it also prevents body from fatigue and obesity.
So now that you are aware of the health benefits of Jaggery, start including this magical thing in your daily diet in a limited quantity and see the wonders it can do to you and your health.