- About 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) potatoes boiled until soft
- About 3/4 cup (150 grams) peas boiled until soft
- About 3/4 cup (150 grams) spinach, boiled
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil to shallow-fry the kababs
- Cashews to garnish (1/2 cashew per kabab)
- Boil the potatoes, peas and spinach. You may want to drain them well so the excess water does not make the recipe runny.
- In a bowl, mix and mash together the potatoes, peas and spinach until they form a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix everything together well.
- Keep the bowl in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into patties.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet and shallow-fry the kababs until they are a little crisp on each side.
- Drain them on paper towels to remove any excess oil. Garnish with cashews and serve hot with a chutney of your choice.