4 slices Sourdough (or other dense bread)
1 1/2 cups leftover Macaroni & Cheese
8 slices American or Cheddar Cheese
2 tbsp Butter
- In a small nonstick skillet place heat 3/4 cup of mac & cheese over medium heat.
- Once warm (about 3-4 minutes), shape mac & cheese into a pile about the size of the bread and top with 2 slices of cheese.
- Turn off heat.
- Butter 2 slices of bread.
- Place bread butter side down in another skillet over medium heat.
- Top one of the bread slices with 2 slices cheese.
- Use spatula to lift corner and check doneness.
- When lightly browned turn off heat. Use spatula to transfer mac & cheese rectangle onto cheese covered bread in the skillet.
- Cover with the other bread slice, toasted side up. Gently press together with spatula and transfer to a plate.
- Serve immediately.