- Dhokla batter 4 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil for greasing
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- Corn kernels crushed 2-3 tablespoons
- Mixed capsicums finely chopped 2-3
- Paneer (cottage cheese) grated 2 tablespoons
- Green chillies crushed 1-2
- Chaat masala 1 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 1½ tablespoons
- Green chutney for spreading
- Ghee 2 teaspoons + for basting
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- White sesame seeds 1 teaspoon
- Heat sufficient water in a dhokla steamer.
- Take batter in a bowl. Add salt and mix well.
- Grease the dhokla moulds with some oil, pour some batter and tap. Sprinkle some crushed peppercorns on top, place the moulds in the hot steamer and steam till done. Remove from steamer, cool and demould.
- To prepare stuffing, take corn kernels in a bowl. Add mixed capsicum, cottage cheese, green chillies, chaat masala and 1 tablespoon coriander leaves and mix. Add salt and mix well.
- Cut the steamed dhoklas into roundels using a medium sized round cookie cutter.
- Heat a non-stick grill pan.
- To prepare dhokla sandwiches, spread some green chutney on one side of the roundels. Spread some stuffing on top of half the dhokla roundels and cover with remaining roundels, chutney side down.
- Add ghee to hot grill pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add sesame seeds and remaining coriander leaves. Place the sandwiches in the pan and grill, turning sides, till light golden, basting with some ghee.
- Serve hot.