This Grilled California Club Sandwich oozes Munster cheese, and is piled high with ham, turkey, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, and sprouts. The first piece we buttered on both sides and then we toasted it in a skillet over medium high heat, flipping halfway through to get both sides golden brown. Then we buttered the remaining two pieces on one side and on the non-buttered side of each we added two slices of Munster cheese, and on one turkey, and the other ham. So basically we had an open-face turkey grilled cheese and an open-face ham grilled cheese. We put both halves in the skillet and cooked them until the cheese was melted and the bread was beautifully crisp and golden. Then it was just a matter of assembly. The turkey grilled cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Then the middle piece of bread (the one with no cheese) with mayonnaise on both sides, avocado, bacon, sprouts, and top it off with the ham grilled cheese. It is soooo good!
- 3 slices Bread
- 4 slices Munster Cheese
- 3 slices Ham
- 3 slices Turkey
- 3 slices Bacon, cooked
- ½ Avocado, sliced
- ½ Tomato, sliced
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Butter the first slice of bread on both sides and place it in the skillet. Cook until it is golden brown on both sides.
- Butter the remaining two slices of bread on one side. On the unbuttered side add two slices of Munster cheese. On one slice of bread place turkey on top of the cheese, and on the other place ham on top of the cheese.
- Place both halves in the skillet bread side down and cook until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Assemble the sandwich by placing lettuce and tomato on the turkey side.
- Spread the mayonnaise on the slice of bread with no cheese and place that on top of the lettuce and tomato.
- Then add the avocado, bacon, and sprouts, and top it off with the slice of bread with ham and cheese on it.