Germany explosion: Suitcase blast outside refugee reception centre in Zirndorf near Nuremberg


Nuremberg: Police are hunting two ‘Arab looking’ suspects who reportedly planted a ‘BOMB’ which failed to explode near a Government office for migrants and refugees in the German town Zirndorf in northern Bavaria, near the city of Nuremberg.

Police are now saying there is “no acute danger” with local authorities tweeting: “No explosion, no injuries. Forces on the ground. No acute danger to the environment.” German outlet Bild earlier reported that a ‘bomb’ had exploded around 200 metres from a government building’s reception area.

Freddie Gray’s death case: Charges against three remaining officers dropped

According to police at the scene, eyewitnesses reportedly heard a loud bang while others saw a burning suitcase in a small garden nearby Witnesses also reportedly saw ‘Arab-looking men’ running away from the scene.

There have no fatalities or injuries reported and no one is thought to have been seriously harmed. German police say they have deployed officers near a refugee accommodation centre and a branch of the country’s office for asylum-seekers after the frightening blast.

Local broadcaster Bayerischer Rundfunk reported, without citing sources, that a suitcase containing several spray cans blew up near the refugee center in Zirndorf, outside the city of Nuremberg. The blast comes days after a failed Syrian asylum seeker blew himself up outside a music festival in the Bavarian town of Ansbach.

In a video posted by terror group ISIS, suicide bomber Mohammad Daleel, 27, pledged allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the warped death cult. On the same day, a 21-year-old Syrian refugee hacked a pregnant woman to death and injured several others in the town of Reutlingen.

On July 22, a German Iranian teen shot and killed nine people in German capital Munich before turning before killing himself. And on July 18, an Afghan refugee teenager unleashed a frenzied knife attack on a train in Wurzburg, injuring several people, before he was gunned down by police.