1 cup marinara such as this 15 minute recipe (made smooth)
1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
9 oz three cheese tortellini (1 pkg) refrigerated type
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup panko any flavor
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 egg large, beaten
Combine marinara and heavy whipping cream in a small bowl and mix together. If desired, heat sauce for 30 seconds in the microwave. Set aside while preparing the tortellini.
- In a medium saucepan, prepare tortellini per package instructions, leaning toward the lower end of cooking time. Drain tortellini and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium / medium high heat.
- Combine & toss panko and parmesan in a large bowl. In two more separate bowls, add beaten eggs and flour.
- Dip tortellini in the flour, then then egg, and finish off by tossing in the panko/parmesan mix.
- Add tortellini to skillet and cook each side until golden and crispy, roughly 1-2 minutes for each side. Place fried tortellini on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve immediately with creamy marinara dipping sauce.