- Ingredients :
- 1 cup organic raw almonds soaked for 8-12 hours
- 4 cups of purified water
- Place the raw almonds in a glass bowl or large jar, and cover with filtered water for 8 hours or more. Cover with lid.
- Rinse the nuts several times to remove any of the anti-nutrients and enzyme inhibitors. If soaking for more than 8 hours, make sure you rinse and soak a few times.
- Pour boiling water over the almonds and let them sit for five minutes. Drain. Skins should peel off easily.
- Put almonds and water in a powerful blender and start blending at low speed. Blend them with less water for 1 – 2 minutes in the beginning, so they become a really smooth paste.
- Add the remaining water. Blend everything together for another 2-3 minutes, until it is completely smooth and frothy.
- Use a fine mesh strainer or place 3 or 4 layers of fine mesh cloth over a metal strainer set over a bowl,jar or jug. Pour small amounts of the almond milk through the strainer into the bowl. Use a spoon or spatula to press down on the strainer and move the solids around.
- Once most of the milk has passed through the strainer, gather up the mesh cloth and gently squeeze it to remove excess liquid.
- You’ll be left with really fine almond meal inside the mesh cloth. You can discard it, or you can dry it out in a very low oven and use it in place of almond flour in baking recipes!
Source : http://food.ndtv.com/recipe-fresh-raw-badam-milk-839367