Ingredients Of French Toast
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp honey – warm
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 stale country loaf
- 4 Tbsp butter
Steps to Make French Toast
- In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, honey, and salt.
- When ready to cook, pour mixture into a pie pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dip bread into mixture, allow to soak for 30 seconds on each side, and then remove to a cooling rack that is sitting in a sheet pan, and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch nonstick saute pan.
- Place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and place on rack in oven for 5 minutes.
- Repeat with all 8 slices. Serve immediately with maple syrup, whipped cream or fruit.
Source : NDTV