France truck attack: Nice had been planned for months says Prosecutor


PARIS: The truck driver who killed 84 people on a Nice beachfront had accomplices and appears to have been plotting his attack for months, the Paris prosecutor said Thursday. Francois Molins also said one of five suspects – four men and a woman – facing charges for complicity returned to the scene minutes after the attack to video emergency services tending victims and filmed himself doing so.

Murrel Fish declared as Official Fish for Telangana

They were accused of providing Bouhlel logistical support ahead of the attack. The attack left around 300 people injured. French President Francois Hollande declared a three-month emergency in the country following the incident. The Islamic State had claimed responsibility for the attack. French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve had said the attacker appeared to have been “radicalised very quickly”. 

The five were brought before anti-terrorism judges late Thursday and charged. They are 22-year-old Franco-Tunisian Ramzi A., 37-year-old Tunisian Chokri C., 40-year-old Tunisian Mohamed Oualid G., 38-year-old Albanian Artan H., and his wife Enkeledja Z. who holds both French and Albanian nationality.