Fire breaks out in residential skyscraper Sulafa Tower in Dubai


Dubai: No deaths or major injuries were reported after a fire broke out in a residential tower in Dubai Marina on Wednesday. The fire police excuted a massive evacuation in the apartment and the nearby area.
The fire engineers took nearly three hours to take control over the fierce fire. There were no reports of anyone being injured or dead. Debris fell from the building's facade as the fire spread. However, three people, including a pregnant woman, suffered minor injuries, Dubai Police said.

Dubai Police have confirmed that there were no deaths or serious injuries in the incident. The number of affected apartments includes those broken into by police and civil defense personnel working to combat the fire. However, Colonel Yusuf Al Odaidi, Director of Al Barsha Police Station, noted that three people sustained minor injuries, among them a pregnant woman who inhaled smoke and was transferred to Latifa Hospital in Dubai, where she remains in stable condition.

Additionally, a man and a woman were transported to Rashid Hospital. A total of 13 people were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene of the incident and discharged. Colonel Al Odaidi also noted that an elderly woman was unable to descend from her apartment on the 42nd floor, and that police and civil defense officers stayed with her until the danger had passed completely. He praised the professionalism of the emergency crews, who prevented the fire from spreading. Police also supervised as residents re-entered their apartments after the incident.

Major General Khalil Ibrahim Al Mansouri, Assistant Commander-In-Chief of Dubai Police for Criminal Investigation, noted that the evacuation of the building was carried by a number of entities in under half an hour, and praised the speed at which crews responded to the blaze. He added that police officers also performed admirably by cordoning off the area, and safeguarding property and preventing any thefts.