Food: Capsicum is often prepared along with many other veggies, but its combination with paneer is one of the best. You can serve this capsicum stuffed with spices and paneer with hot rotis, or as a snack — it tastes great both ways. If you are making this for some special occasion, then use a combination of yellow, red and green capsicums to add a dash of colour on the dining table.
4 (400g) – Capsicum
250g – Paneer
2-3 tbsp – Oil
2-3 tbsp – Green coriander (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
1 pinch – Asafoetida
1 tsp – Coriander powder
1/2 tsp – Ginger paste
2 – Green chillies (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp – Red chilli powder
1/4 tsp – Mango powder
1 tsp or to taste – Salt
To prepare the stuffing:
* Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or a wok.
* Add asafoetida and cumin seeds to the pan.
* After sautéeing the cumin seeds, add green peas and mix well.
* Cover the pan and let the mixture cook for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
* Then, add turmeric powder, ginger paste, finely chopped green chillies, coriander powder, crumbled paneer, red chilli powder, mango powder and green coriander.
* Add 3-4 tsp salt (or to taste) in the pan and mix everything.
* The stuffing is now ready. Take it off from the flame and let it cool down.
To prepare the capsicum shell:
* Rinse the capsicums thoroughly and let them dry completely.
* Now, remove the stalk from the capsicum using a knife and scoop out the seeds from inside the capsicum.
* Repeat the process with the rest of the capsicums as well.
* Take one capsicum at a time and stuff it with the prepared paneer filling.
* Once all the capsicums have been stuffed, heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
* When the oil is hot, add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and 1/4 tsp salt.
* Now place the stuffed capsicums in the pan and cover with a lid.
* After 2 minutes, flip the sides and cover them again. Check after 2-3 minutes and bring the side down where it’s not roasted. Roast the capsicums from every side until they get a little brown.
* Once the capsicums have been roasted from all sides, your dish is ready. Serve hot.