After fasting for the whole day there comes the time, the evening meal when Muslims end their daily fast at sunset. They break their fast at the time of the call to prayer for the evening prayer.
To make their efforts more worthy, here is presenting the mouth watering and spicy recipe of Qabooli Biryani to be enjoyed in the dinner mainly by Muslims:
For Rice: 2 cup soaked basmati rice for 20 mins, salt to taste, 1 tsp oil, 7 cup water
For Biryani: 1/6 cup channa dal, 2 big sliced onions, 1 cup curd or yogurt, 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp red chili powder, juice of 1 lemon, 1/4 cup mint leaves, 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves, 1/4 cup milk, salt to taste, 1 cinnamon, 2 green cardamom, 1/2 tsp black cumin seeds (shah jeera), 1/2 tsp peppercorn
1. Cook channa dal by adding 2 cups of water and termeric powder for 10-15 mins on medium flame.
2. Boil rice with 7 cups of water. It should be semi boiled (3/4). Then spread it on plate.
3. Fry the sliced onions in hot oil until it turns golden brown. Keep some fried onions aside for later use.
4. Add cinnamon, cardamom, black cumin seeds and peppercorns and ginger garlic paste in a bowl and mix them well.
5. Add cooked channa dal, curd, red chili powder, salt and lemon juice and stir it well.
6. Cook the masala on a low flame (approx 5 mins).
7. Heat a pan by putting it on tawa on low flame.
8. Spread the layer of cooked masala first, and then put the layer of semi-boiled rice.
9. Pour 1/8 cup milk and sprinkle fried onions, mint and chopped coriander in it. Close the mixture and cook for 10 minutes on medium flame.
10. Mix the biryani with spotted spoon. Spicy Qabool Biryani is ready to serve. Eat it with curd and pickle for better taste.