England’s Moeen will ‘definitely go’ to Bangladesh tour


Moeen Ali has become the first England player to confirm unreservedly that he will be available for the upcoming tour of Bangladesh.  Since the tour was given the go-ahead last week, following a visit by an ECB delegation led by head of security Reg Dickason, most players have been unwilling to give their stance on whether they will undertake the trip having been told they can all take an individual call over the tour which was in doubt after the Dhaka terrorist attack in July.

WICB CEO Michael Muirhead to step down next month

But ahead of the final ODI against Pakistan at Cardiff, Moeen said he had no qualms about undertaking the tour but understood if others felt differently. There is a chance that Moeen, who plays all three formats, could be rested for the one-day leg but will be an integral part of England's Test plans

"If selected, I'll definitely go,'' said Moeen. "I'm pretty happy with everything and really looking forward to it. "Everyone's different and has their own views on things – and as a team, you back other's decisions. It's up to the individual. There's no pressure on anyone – it's up to that person and how he feels.

"My view is you're not safe anywhere these days. I think you can be anywhere and still not safe. I totally understand, and I back every decision people make." On Friday, Jonny Bairstow had also come close to guaranteeing his participation in the trip after saying he has "a lot of faith" in the security advice given by Dickason. It came on the same day that Paul Farbrace, England's assistant coach, committed to the visit.

"I've not made a 100% decision but I know within my mind that I have a lot of faith in Reggie," Bairstow said during a sponsor's event for Hardy's wine. "I've been on a heck of a lot of tours with him, he's known me since I was a young boy. So I've got a lot of faith in him. I've been asking questions regularly about different bits, that's only natural, that's human instinct to ask questions.

"The world at the moment is not necessarily the safest place, that's in England, that's in Australia, South Africa, in Bangladesh," he added. "You've got to ask questions because, if you don't, you don't have peace of mind. We have a lot of faith in Reg and he's known a lot of us for a long time. There is still a decision to be made but at the same time I'm pretty confident in the decision that I will make and that it will be a positive one. If selected, because the squads haven't been announced."

Alastair Cook has reportedly given his private assurance to the ECB that he will lead the Test leg of the tour, but Morgan has yet to give the same commitment for the one-day internationals. "If we'd had time off or no cricket between the meeting and now, I can't say I would be any closer to the decision, but I would have had more time to digest everything and let everything settle," Morgan said.

The squads for the tour were due to be named on September 9, two days after the T20 against Pakistan, but the one-day party will now be announced the following week to allow further talks between those players uncertain about the tour and the ECB. The Test squad is likely to be named later in the month to allow fringe players another couple of rounds of Championship matches.

For Latest Hindi News,Click Here