- Refined flour (maida) 1 cup + for dusting
- Fresh yeast 1½ tablespoons
- Castor sugar (caster sugar) A pinch + 2 teaspoons
- Oats powder ½ cup
- Almond powder ½ cup
- Salt a pinch
- Milk as required
- Butter for brushing + 50 grams
- Honey for drizzling
- Edible colourful sprinklers
- Take yeast in a small microwave proof bowl. Add a pinch of castor sugar and 2-3 tablespoons warm water and mix. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat for 5 seconds. Set aside to activate.
- Sieve together flour and oats powder into a bowl. Add almond powder and mix. Add remaining castor sugar and salt and mix well.
- Make cavity in the center of the flour mixture, add activated yeast and mix. Add some milk and knead into soft dough. Transfer onto the worktop and knead well.
- Add butter to the dough and knead, dusting with some flour, till it becomes soft. Transfer into another bowl, cover with a cling film and set aside to prove for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the proven dough onto the worktop, dust some flour and roll into a thick sheet. Cut into donut shaped roundels with a donut cutter and discard the center of the donuts.
- Preheat oven to 180º C.
- Place the donuts on a baking tray, cover with damp muslin cloth and set aside to prove for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Brush some butter over them, drizzle some honey and sprinkle some colourful sprinklers on top.