If there is one vegetable that is truly a nutritional hero then it is bound to be the carrot. A goldmine of nutrients, this is the reason they can be even termed as worth the other ‘karat’ (as in gold)! Ranging in colours from orange, black, pink to red, yellow and white, this delicious vegetable is within the reach of rich and poor alike and is rightly called the universal root. The best role that this winter vegetable can play. So here is the recipe of sweet gajar halwa recipe:
- Carrots 8-10 medium
- Khoya 3 tablespoons
- Green cardamom powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Almonds sliced 5-6
- Cashewnuts 5-6
- Raisins 10-15
- Khoya/mawa grated 1 cup
- Pistachios chopped 5-6 cup
- Place the grated carrots in a microwave proof bowl.
- Add ghee and mix. Add green cardamom powder and mix. Cook in the microwave on HIGH for five minutes. Add sugar and mix.
- Cook in the microwave on HIGH for two minutes Add almonds, cashewnuts, raisins and khoya (keeping aside some khoya for garnish) and mix. Cook in the microwave for two to two and a half minutes.
- Garnish with the reserved khoya and pistachios and serve hot or cold.