Coastal cooking of India loves the coconut. Coconut which is hard from outside but soft from inside. Be it Goan or Malwani, Karnatak, Tamilian or from Kerala, the taste of coconut reigns highest. Think about a rich fish curry and try making it obliterating the coconut! It will pass off as a fake. Very correctly termed as the ‘plant of life,’ each and every part of the coconut plant is useful in one or the other way. So here is the recipe of delicious creamy coconut Fruit Tarts:
- Coconut milk 2 tablespoons
- Desiccated coconut ? cup
- tender coconut flesh 50 grams
- Orange separated into segments 1
- Pineapple finely chopped ½ medium
- Apple 1 medium
- Pear 1 medium
- tarts 12-16
- Icing sugar ½ cup
- Colourful vermicelli for garnishing
- Heat a non-stick pan. Add orange segments and pineapple, cover and cook on low heat till the fruits turn soft.
- Cut apple and pear into small cubes and add to the pan. Mix, cover and cook on medium heat till the apple and pear turns soft.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add coconut milk and whisk into a thick mixture. Add desiccated coconut and mix well. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut coconut flesh into small cubes.
- Switch off heat, add coconut flesh cubes to the pan and mix well. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Place tart shells on a serving plate. Fill them with cooked fruits, top with coconut-sugar mixture quennels and garnish with colourful vermicelli.
- Serve immediately.