New Delhi: While these days chocolates seems to have replaced the ‘mithais' in festival, the charm for all the desi ghee mithais still remains afresh. One of these is Badam Barfi. It is a very tasty sweet as it also contain some healthy elements like the main is Almond. Almond is good for our health. And yes it is easy to make it at home. We bring to you a very simple recipe of your favorite ‘Badam Barfi' which will take you down the memory lane.
So enjoy this yummy mithai. Here's the recipe:
Almond (badam), sugar powder, ghee, milk, saffron (kesar)
1. Take 1 cup of almonds, soak them in boiled water for few minutes and cover them.
2. Take ½ cup of milk, mix some kesar in it and keep it aside.
3. After few minutes, take out the almonds from hot water and place them in cold water. Now remove the brown peel of the almonds and place them in hot water once again for one and a half hours. Cover the vessel.
4. Now remove water from the almonds, and grind them in a grinder. Add 1-2 tbsp of kesar milk and make almond paste.
5. Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a non-stick pan and add almond paste, 1 cup of powdered sugar to it and stir it constantly. Cook until it gains a thick texture.
6. Once a thick mixture is prepared, take it out in a plate and allow it to cool. Now put some ghee on hands and on the mixture and knead it into a dough ball.
7. Place the dough ball on a butter paper and flatten it with the help of a rolling pin. Keep it as it is for 10-15 minutes to set.
8. Once the mixture is set, cut it into pieces and place the pieces in a plate.
Almond Barfi is ready to be served.