New Delhi : The superintendent of the children’s home, who was arrested on charges of rape on Tuesday night for allegedly sexually assaulted over 12 girls aged between 8 and 10 years, shot videos of the act and photographed them. Police said the accused 45-year-old R S Meena had been sacked on June 3 after the minor girls reported the incident. The issue came to the fore after Delhi Women and Child Welfare Minister Sandeep Kumar visited the home on June 3 and met the girls, who allegedly complained to him about the incident. He had later ordered an inquiry.
Accused took the girls to a small room and locked it from inside. He fiddled with their underclothes claiming that he was doing a checkup and sexually assaulted them. First the girls resisted, then cried, but he gagged them and held both their arms with one hand as he continued to assault them. He did not let them go till he was done. One by one, he assaulted 12 girls the same way.”
Police said they received a complaint on June 3 from the district women and child development officer, accusing Meena of sexual assault which had allegedly taken place in the children’s home on June 2. According to police, the accused clicked selfies with the girls he raped. “The superintendent used to take children to an isolated space, ask them to sit on his lap and take selfies with them,” said a police officer.