NEW DELHI: The incident happened on Monday when a 26-year-old Junior Resident Doctor was found dead at his rented flat at Hauz Khaus in South Delhi. He was taking his MD degree at AIIMS.
The police believe that his death occurred due to overdose of an injection.
Ten days ago, Sarvanan Ganeshan had taken admission at AIIMS.
“It is believed he died around 6 AM but the exact time and cause of his death will be revealed after receiving the post mortem report”, said a senior police officer.
The police revealed that Sarvanan took some injection which is suspected to be potassium chloride which is used as a medicine as well as for causing cardiac arrest.
The investigation is in process by the police over the matter. Moreover, they are covering all the angles including suicide.
"Sarvanan was found dead in mysterious condition at his flat. Legal action has been initiated. Post mortem report would clarify the reason of death," said additional DCP (south) Nupur Prasad.
"A very unfortunate news was brought to the notice of AIIMS administration this morning around 11.30 AM recently joined Junior Resident Dr Sarvanan G from Tamil Nadu who had joined AIIMS as a JR for his MD degree in Medicine was found dead in an apartment in Gautam Nagar area of South Delhi, said an AIIIMS spokesperson.
“After he did not report to duty this morning his colleagues and senior residents of the Department of Medicine started calling him, but not getting any response from his phone they tried calling his neighbours who then found him in his room non-responsive”, said the the spokesperson.
At around 3pm, the residents of Gautam Nagar informed police about Doctor’s death and even the AIIMS colleagues. The body of the victim was brought by police at AIIMS Emergency Department where the MLC was made and the body was thereafter shifted to the mortuary.