- Dates seeded and roughly chopped 8-10
- Rabdi as required
- Dough for gujiya as required
- Dry fruits mixed as required
- Oil for drizzling + for deep-frying
- Sugar syrup to sprinkle
- saffron strands to sprinkle
- Pistachios sliced as required
- Rose petals for garnishing
- Take dates in a bowl. Add mixed dry fruits and mix well.
- Divide the dough into equal portions, drizzle some oil on top, roll them out to thin sheets and cut into squares with a 3 inch square cookie cutter.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Put some date-dry fruits mixture in the center of ½ of squares, cover with remaining squares and press the edges to seal. These are parcels.
- Deep-fry the parcels till golden and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Put some rabdi in a serving platter and place parcels on top. Drizzle some sugar syrup, sprinkle some saffron and pistachios on top.
- Serve immediately garnished with rose petals.