A favourite with the vegetarians, paneer made from milk is quite common, especially paneer recipes are quite popular in the Indian subcontinent. You can make it fresh, chhena – an another version or just use the ones that are readily available in the market to prepare everything from simple snacks, curries, sabzis, mithais, desserts and the likes. An ingredient that can be relished in the raw form too – try serving it as a starter just sprinkled with a little chaat masala, black salt and chilli powder. So here is the recipe:
- Paneer (cottage cheese) grated ½ cup
- Refined flour (maida) 1 tablespoon
- Oil for deep-frying
- Dill leaves (suva) ¼ cup
- Green chillies finely chopped 1-2
- Garlic chopped 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Heat sufficient oil in a deep pan.
- Take cottage cheese in a bowl, add refined flour, dill leaves, green chillies, garlic and salt and mix well. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into balls.
- Deep-fry cheese balls in hot oil till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot.