- Raw bananas peeled, parboiled and grated 2-3
- Oil for deep-frying + for greasing
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- Cornflour/ corn starch 2 tablespoons
- Refined flour (maida) 2 tablespoons
- Tomato ketchup to serve
- Parsley for garnishing
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan.
- Take bananas in a bowl. Add salt, chilli powder, crushed peppercorns, cornflour and refined flour and mix. Add 2 tablespoons water and mix well.
- Grease a plastic sheet with some oil, put some banana portion on one side, cover and lightly flatten to make a semi-thick sheet. Cut into rectangles. Similarly, prepare with remaining mixture.
- Deep-fry the rectangles in hot oil till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup garnished with parsley sprig.