Corn was indigenous to America, but is now grown throughout the world. It is used as a vegetable, briefly boiled or roasted or eaten with butter. And it would also interest you to know that the favourite popcorn, made by popping the small corn kernels, is a wholesome cereal food and is easily digested. Besides this, corn sees its use in various other ways – salads, soups, subzis and even sweets too!. So here is the recipe of crispy Corn Fritters:
- Babycorns 8
- Refined flour (maida) ½ cup
- Oil for deep-frying
- Cornflour/ corn starch 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Buttermilk as required
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Combine refined flour, cornflour and red chilli powder in a bowl and mix well. Add salt and mix well.
- Add sufficient buttermilk and little water and whisk well into a thick smooth batter.
- Slit babycorns lengthwise into halves, dip each half in the batter and deep-fry in hot oil till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.