Corn was indigenous to America, but is now grown throughout the world. It is used as a vegetable, briefly boiled or roasted or eaten with butter. And it would also interest you to know that the favourite popcorn, made by popping the small corn kernels, is a wholesome cereal food and is easily digested. Besides this, corn sees its use in various other ways – salads, soups, subzis and even sweets too. So here is the recipe:
- Corn Kernels 1 1/2 cup
- Cooked Rice 4 tablespoons
- Onions chopped 2 medium
- Fresh mint leaves 15-20
- Fresh coriander leaves a few sprigs
- Cooked rice 1 1/2 cup
- Potatoes boiled peeled and mashed 2 medium
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies chopped 2
- Crushed red chillies 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh bread crumbs 1 cup
- Heat 2 tbsps oil in a non stick pan. Add onions and sauté. Drain the corn and put in a bowl. Finely chop coriander and mint leaves.When the onions turn a light brown, add it to the corn.
- Add cooked rice, mashed potatoes, salt, green chilies, crushed red chillies, coriander and mint leaves and mix well mashing the contents slightly.
- Add breadcrumbs and mix. Rest the mixture for 10-15 minutes.Heat 2 tbsps oil in another non stick pan. Divide into equal portions and shape each portion into an oval shaped cutlet.
- Press lightly and place in the second pan in a single layer. Fry, turning sides, till both sides are equally golden.Serve hot with any sauce or tomato ketchup. You can even cook them in an oven. Spray a little oil over them and cook in a preheated oven at 180°C.