Corn was indigenous to America, but is now grown throughout the world. It is used as a vegetable, briefly boiled or roasted or eaten with butter. And it would also interest you to know that the favourite popcorn, made by popping the small corn kernels, is a wholesome cereal food and is easily digested. So here is the recipe:
- Corn kernels boiled 1 cup
- Aubergines/brinjals round cubed, deep fried 2 cups
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- Garlic minced 1 tablespoon
- Onion roughly chopped 1 medium
- Green capsicum diced 1 medium
- Tomatoes blanched and roughly chopped 2 medium
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- White sauce 2 cups
- Processed cheese grated 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven at 180ºC.
- Heat oil in a non-stick wok. Add garlic and sauté till it turns pink. Add onion and sauté on high heat till onion turns translucent.
- Add capsicum, mix and sauté for a minute. Add tomatoes and mix. Add salt, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Add corn kernels and mix well. Add aubergine and mix well. Switch off heat.
- Spread a layer of cooked aubergine mixture in a glass baking dish. Whisk white sauce and pour over the aubergine mixture. Top with grated cheese.
- Put the baking dish on a tray, put the tray in preheated oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Serve hot.