Fusion cuisine is one that combines elements of different culinary traditions. Cuisines of this type are not categorized according to any one particular cuisine style and have played a part in a number of innovations. Fusion food is a general term for the combination of various forms of cookery and comes in several forms. So here is the recipe:
- Refined flour (maida) 1¼ cups
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Butter ¼ cup + 1 cup
- Castor sugar (caster sugar) ¾ cup
- Eggs 4
- Vanilla essence a few drops
- Milk as required
- Chocolate cookies crushed as required
- Preheat oven to 180º C.
- Sift together the refined flour and baking powder into a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together 1 cup butter and castor sugar in another large bowl till fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and continue creaming. Add vanilla essence and cream further till light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well. Ensure that there are no lumps formed. Gradually, add milk and mix well.
- Line cupcake moulds with the cupcake paper cases.
- Mix the remaining butter and the crushed cookies, keeping some for topping. Put in the lined moulds to make a base.
- Pour the prepared batter over it and top with the remaining crushed cookies. Put them in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat, cool and demould.