Congress President Sonia Gandhi returned from Varanasi to Delhi due to illness


New Delhi: On Tuesday Congress President Sonia Gandhi, because of high fever had to cut short a successful roadshow in her visit to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's constituency Varanasi and returned to Delhi late Tuesday night and was taken to the Army's Research and Referral Hospital. The rally involved thousands and enthused party members. The 69-year-old leader landed here by a chartered flight close to midnight following she had to abandon the 8-km roadshow midway due to illness. Senior party leader Ghulam Nabi Azad conveyed that her condition was "stable" subsequent to she suffered a bout of "dehydration, vomited and had fever" in Varanasi.

Gujarat: Coast Guard chopper rescues 28 people stranded on rooftop

She conventional medical concentration in Varanasi and doctors who attended to her in the holy city escorted her on the flight back to Delhi. Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, who was at the airport to receive her mother, conveyed that she was not well for the previous few days but decided next to cancelling the programme. Priyanka has also further conveyed that, she was not well for few days previous to but since the programme was there, she was very excited to go. Subsequent to landing, Sonia was taken to the RR Hospital, which is close to the airport. Doctors at the Gangaram Hospital were also set aside on standby. Prime Minister Narendra Modi converse to Congress's chief ministerial candidate for Uttar Pradesh Sheila Dikshit, who escorted Sonia Gandhi on the road show and asked about her health.

After Una now, cow vigilantes thrash Dalits in Lucknow

Sources has also further conveyed that, Modi also obtainable to send a doctor and an aircraft to bring the Congress president back to Delhi. Congress sources has also further conveyed that, Sonia was having fever but decided to go further on with the roadshow in Varanasi, where her condition go down, as she was not tending to cancel it at the preceding moment. In a declaration, the Congress chief apologized that she could not complete her visit to Varanasi due to illness but conveyed that she would come back soon for "darshan" of Kashi Vishwanath in the temple town. Sonia has also further conveyed that, due to illness, I could not complete my visit for which I regret. I could not seek the blessings of Kashi Vishwanth in the holy month of Savan. I will come back soon. I am thankful to all citizens of Varanasi and Congress workers for the love and affection.